Monday, November 28, 2005

Mercedes anti-anti-accident scenario

Seen the story in the press about the "bodged" accident avoidance demonstration by the Mercedes S Class? Turns out it was supposed to be faked anyway, as Merc knew it wouldn't work in the steel-lined hall.

An Autobild "journalist" was supposed to brake the second car, but blew it in all the smoke (if you've seen the TV pictures...were on Top Gear last night). The guy has subsequently been fired.

Suspicious minds amongst you might contemplate the possibilty that this revelation is a damage limitation exercise on the part of the big MB.

Full story here.

Me? I couldn't possibly comment.


Links:

'Smashing' Mercedes demonstration was faked [Motortorque at askaprice.com]

4 Comments:

Blogger Stealth43 said...

re: http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news-racing/bernie-ecclestone-sells-control-f1-to-cvc-139353.php#c17448
lmao ;)

9:42 pm  
Blogger Stealth43 said...

Nice site btw, and good luck with your education. Out of curiosity, do you know how much it costs for Americans to attend British Universities?

9:47 pm  
Blogger InfinityReversed said...

Hey Stealth43. Love to answer your question (or at least try to) but I can't figure out how to contact you (which is probably me being an idiot. But nevermind). I see your link is Kotaku, but not knowing who was who I didn't want to start randomly mailing people.

Anyways, hope you pick this up and get me at the same address.

PS: thanks! Especially for the luck - I'll need it...

7:26 am  
Blogger Stealth43 said...

Ahh, no that would be my fault. It tends to be rather hard to contact someone if they don't leave their info. I let a girl get my number the other day, but I forgot to get hers... c'est la vie.

DJCarbon43 [at] gmail.com

5:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home